Thursday, July 17, 2008

Summer days...

Not too much to report right now, which is why I haven't been posting. Andrew did have his 15 month well child check last week and is, as usual, off the charts on height. His weight was actually only at the 95 percentile--way to make it ON the chart, son!

Alex got a new bike last week and is doing pretty good pedalling. Let me re-phrase that--he CAN pedal really well, he just chooses not to. For whatever reason our eldest child resists any sort of teaching we try to provide. If we try to show him how to do something he immediately resists and says he doesn't want to do it. Its not that he wants to figure it out on his own, either--he just doesn't want to do it at all. Very frustrating for all involved but slowly and surely he is getting the hang of his new bike, which he calls The Rocket Bike.

Nick got a new Wii for an early birthday present last night. I was going to get it for his birthday but Mr. Instant Gratification had to go get it last night! It is a lot of fun and we can't wait to play some of the games with Alex.

I have been working diligently on MOPS stuff. Our first meeting is August 27 so I'm working hard to get all the meetings planned, the caregivers in place and the supplies bought. Hard work!

All for now!

No comments:

Fall Pumpkins