Friday, August 1, 2008

Alex's Swim Class






Yesterday was Alex's last day of swimming lessons and he actually did really well! We went to the Monon Center's indoor aquatic center and the class was taught by 4 teenagers, which was really a good thing because trying to teach seven 3- and 4-year olds to swim at the same time appears a little bit like herding cats--teens are the only one's with enough energy to handle it all!

He learned how to blow bubbles in the water and then fully submerge himself. He also learned how to kick softly and vigorously as well as how to do "ice cream scoops" (freestyle stroke) and the "pizza push" (breast stroke). I can't say that he's able to swim without the assistance of a floatation device, yet, but he's well on his way. He's much more comfortable in the water now and I'm hoping to enroll him in another class over the winter so he'll be a little fishy by next summer. The pictures are a bit fuzzy since I was taking them from across the pool and it's not very well lit but you get the picture. Way to swim Alex!!!

1 comment:

Allison said...

girl - you need to get me the info on this class. I need to sign Evan up for sure. :) I'm sure it is cheaper than the stony creek swim center? Do you know?

Fall Pumpkins