Friday, September 12, 2008

First Day of School and The Circus

Alex on his first day of Preschool--he goes three days a week this year! Big time! :)

We also got free tickets to the circus last weekend from my awesome friend Allison! Thanks for the tickets, Al! We decided that three rings of action was probably a bit much for Andrew so we left him with Nana and took Alex for some one on one time with us. I didn't know how he would take it but he really had a good time and seemed to "get" everything that was going on.

The opening act...
The elephants were a highlight!
Three rings of trained horses and zebras...how do you train a zebra anyway???

The guy with the tigers was a hoot--he was Russian (I think) and you could barely understand him but I have to give him credit for being in that ring with 8 tigers by himself. The tigers were actually growling and snarling the whole time which I don't know if they were honestly angry but I believed it!

This cool hat came with the $12 cotton candy--yes, thats right I said TWELVE DOLLARS OF AIR AND SUGAR! But its the circus and you have to have cotton candy, right? They seem to know this and are taking advantage of the parents...circus folk. I suppose they have to pay for the snarling tigers somehow.

Alex actually took this hat with him to show and tell on Tuesday. He was very excited to tell his class about going to the circus. I was excited to still get some use out of my TWELVE DOLLAR HAT...I'm so cheap... :)

No comments:

Fall Pumpkins