Wednesday, October 22, 2008

IKEA, Land of Happy Money-Spenders!

On October 4th, Allison and I took a day pilgrimage to IKEA in Cincinnati. This was my first trip there and oh what a great place it is! As Allison said in her blog, I have never seen so many people so happy to spend so much money! People are just giddy pulling around these giant carts full of Swedish furniture and decor! If you haven't gone, I can truly recommend, even if its just for the people watching! Its an experience, for sure.




This is us just as we arrived (we're in the lower right corner--not so good with the timer on the camera yet!). The parking lot there is enormous and reminds me a bit of an amusement park--there are numbers to remind you of where you parked and everything! People come from all over to pay their respects to The Great IKEA god and there were license plates from many states.






We brought Katie along with us for the girls day out and she is already a shopping pro! We were there for 6 hours (yes, I said SIX HOURS!) and she was an angel the whole time. And she even slept for the car ride there and home. This picture was taken in the little cafe they have for your convenience. Being a Swedish company, they serve delicious Swedish meatball as well as ligenberries, although I have no idea what those are. They tasted good, though!




Allison and I each bought huge toy organizers which now grace our respective playrooms. I got a few other (OK a lot of other!) items for the home and even managed to buy some yummy cinnamon rolls for the boys back home. Yea IKEA!!!

No comments:

Fall Pumpkins