Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day!

We got about 7 inches of snow last night so I took the boys out to sled down our driveway and to play in the snow. Yay snow days!

I couldn't resist taking this picture because it reminds me of the boys in A Christmas Story. Andrew is so bundled up he looks like Randy..."I can't put my arms down!"


Alex was so excited to be out in the snow that he took a header into a snow drift right away!
Lexie from across the street was so nice to take Andrew down our driveway a few times...he LOVED it and was grinning the whole way down!

Andrew, Jackson (from across the street) and Sophie (from catty corner across the street, also Andrew's "Intended"). Andrew and Sophie (or FiFi as Andrew calls her) were so happy to see each other and ran toward each other yelling each others names. Snowy love...
Alex is turning into a true little boy and spent much of his time outside throwing snow balls at people.
Karen, Sophie and Andrew at the end of a good slide down our driveway, which is the perfect incline for small-child sledding.

Our snowy fun had to end when Andrew kept taking his mittens off and refused to put them on again. Sophie was sympathetic but couldn't help because her mom had Velcroed her mittens on! We headed in after I took this picture and Andrew stopped crying, for all you who are thinking I'm a bad mother! :) We only stood and laughed at him for a little bit...




2 comments:

Courtney and the Boys said...

Fun!!! We did the same thing yesterday. After we spent 35 minutes bundling up, we spent 20 minutes outside...all worth it! Hope you're well!

Courtney

La Belle Vie said...

Good to see you and your adorable boys this week, even if the ocassion wasn't a happy one. Love your new colors on your blog!

Fall Pumpkins