Today I picked Alex up from preschool and was doing my usual "How was your day? Who did you play with? What did you make for a craft?" thing and when I asked him what he did at recess he says "I kissed Lily. And then I patted her on the head for a while."
After a very strong attempt at stifling a guffaw I said "You kissed Lily?" He repeated "Yeah, and then I patted her on the head for a while."
Normally he does this to Andrew after Andrew has been hurt or is sad so I said "Were you trying to make her feel better? Was Lily sad?" and he says with his voice dripping with exasperation "No, Lily is a girl. Girls are always happy."
That boy is in for the surprise of his life when he gets married!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ha! I can't believe it... YOU aren't ALWAYS happy? No way! :)
Post a Comment