On our day in Nassau, Alex and I went on an adventure to swim with stingrays. We took a boat to a small island and got to go into an enclosure where there were about 8 stingrays. We stood in about 2 feet of water and the rays swam all around us. I was doing my best to not freak out for Alex's sake--something about dark things in the water brushing over my legs and feet tends to flip a girl out--and I was pretty successful. I only hollered once when one of the bigger ones snuck up behind me and brushed my leg--can you blame me?? The rays were very slippery and soft and we enjoyed our time feeding and petting them. They swim so fast that it's very difficult to get a good picture but here is Alex with a ray...or at least the top of Alex's head with a ray!

The guide caught one of the rays and held it so we could all get a better look. That's Alex's head petting the ray again. It was a really fun time!

Then on Castaway Cay, Nick took a parasailing trip. The boys and I weren't able to go but the guy who Nick is tandem with sent us these pictures. Nick said it was really awesome and the veiw was fantastic!
They "torpedo" dunk you (not really sure what that means but he kept raving about it) and then lift you back out of the water. Here is a torpedo dunk:
Later that day on Castaway Cay I spent about an hour snorkeling in their wonderful lagoon. The water camera didn't do the best job of capturing everything but it gives you at least an idea of what I saw. At first I was so excited to see even one fish but then the further out I went I was seeing whole schools of them. If you can find the fish in this picture, they were the prettiest color of yellow and blue.

And of course, there was a hidden Mickey at the end of the lagoon. Very cool!

No comments:
Post a Comment