The next station was the ice cream making station. As an aside, I was manning this station with a few other suckers...uh, I mean moms. Yes, something about me must say "Put her at the super messy, super crazy station where all the kids will do is complain that their hands are cold." It was certainly an experience and when it comes time to volunteer for Andrew's class, I will request another station!
Anyway, the kids had to shake up their zip bags of milk, vanilla and sugar until it turned into ice cream. They worked in partners and his partner was a girl from his class named Brooke. The angry look on his face is exertion from shaking!
But it was all worth it when you got to eat your tasty treat!
Next it was onto the bubble station where the kids got to stand in a baby pool full of bubble solution and they used a hula hoop to enclose the kids in a giant bubble. Sadly this didn't really work that well and they couldn't get the bubble to come higher than their waist but it was fun to get your feet all slippery nonetheless!
Then they were off to the rocket-making station. I truly didn't understand what was going on there but they put something into those tubes and it shot out across the yard. Very cool!
And last but not least, they made sidewalk chalk. Which Alex spilled all over his shirt and shoes. Luckily it comes out easily! Yay for science!
No comments:
Post a Comment