Friday, June 4, 2010

Conner Prairie

After our fantasic balloon voyage we headed out to visit the rest of Conner Prairie. It's rather big so we only hit the Indian Village and the barn during the visit. Here are the boys working in the field preparing it for corn. Seriously? Are these the same children that refuse to even pull a weed in our own yard??! But a fake pioneer gives them a hoe and they can't be torn away!














Here's Alex grinding some corn. Again, they won't help at home with food preparation...perhaps I should try to incorporate more giant sticks in my kitchen appliances.



















Here is Nick learning how to throw a tomahawk at a target. I've spared you the video of this endevour, however I have to share that after he had a few tries I felt the need to learn as well. My second try? Dead on. Who knew I had crazy tomahawk skills???















Then we headed over the the barn where they have animals just running around free for you to pet. Here are the boys petting the sweetest, softest bull! He had another name but I'm calling him Ferdinand after one of our favorite books.











The boys even got to brush him and he just allowed them to do whatever. He's seriously giving bulls a bad, or rather GOOD name!















Andrew enjoyed talking to all the animals and kept saying "Hi bull, my name is Andrew, what is your name?"














This shot is funny simply because Alex said "Here Andrew, you drive and I'll ride in the back seat."














After a bit they got out the baby chicks that had just hatched two days prior. Honestly, I was a bit afraid that the boys would accidently crush one and they'd ask us to leave but they were both surprisingly gentle.

No comments:

Fall Pumpkins