Saturday, February 5, 2011

Icepocalypse 2011

For those that did not experience Indiana Icepocalypse 2011, this picture pretty much sums up the experience. First, note the size of the ice chunks that we have already busted up. It was about an inch and a half of solid, heavy ice. It LOOKED like snow but was, in fact, ICE. That ice was, of course, slippery. But when EVERYTHING is covered in ice, you cannot believe how incapacitating it is! In this picture, the children literally could not get back up the driveway, which is on a pretty good incline. (Although that doesn't show in this picture!) Anyway, Nick had to throw the boys an outdoor extension cord just to get back up to a non-slippery surface.

At first I thought they were being helpless and ridiculous but then it happened to me. I slipped and fell while busting up the ice with a shovel (picture a cartoon character slipping--that is about what I looked like). Then I proceeded to slide aaaallllllll the way down to the bottom of the driveway. Again, this picture does not do our driveway slope justice. Now, once I was at the bottom, I attempted to crawl up.

And. Simply. Could. Not.

I mean, there was nothing to grab hold of. No way to get traction. I wasn't being funny or trying to make it more dramatic than it was. Similar to the elderly lady in that commpercial, I had fallen and couldn't get up. So Nick had to throw ME the extension cord (after he stopped laughing, of course) and pull me up. Thanks for the memories Icepocalypse. :)


No comments:

Fall Pumpkins