Monday, October 3, 2011

Hoilday World 2011

Our trip to Holiday World, was moved back to August from June this year.  We stayed at Lake Rudolph again, but went to Holiday World on a Friday and Saturday this year.  Big difference in the crowds compared to going on Thursday and Friday like we usually do!  Still, it was a great trip! 
I would like to thank Holiday World for always having this picture available and that the year is clearly visible in each photo.  We have this same picture for every year we've been going all the way back to 2005.
Alex got to ride his very first real roller coaster, The Raven. Mommy rode with him and almost died of a heart attack. Literally. I am not a roller coaster gal and it took me about 2 hours to recover from my Raven experience. I will most certainly not be riding another roller coaster again any time soon!  As for Alex, as soon as the crazy ride stopped I asked him how he liked it and he said "I don't want to do that again, please."  I guess that makes two of us that aren't roller coaster lovers!

Here is an awesome video of Alex riding Reindeer Games.  I think this is my favorite ride at Holiday World simply because it's sort of fun watching your kid scream.  Check out his face--priceless.


The boys got to ride The Screaming Eagles this year for the first time and loved it!  Another big difference this year compared with previous years was that the boys could ride a lot of the rides by themselves.  This saved Nick and I from a lot of nausea so it was awesome!

Here are the boys on the new ride in the kiddy area.  I was sad to realize that this is probably one of our last years when the boys will be interested in these rides.  :(
Another new thing this year was letting the kids play the carnival games.  I am going on record as saying these are a colossal waste of money and time but they seemed to enjoy them and Holiday World has a policy that kids always win a little something so that was good.
Back at Lake Rudolph we had a lovely campfire with super-gooey marshmallows, of course!


No comments:

Fall Pumpkins