Last Friday something happened here that I still can't believe. I was getting ready to take the boys to the park so I'm running around the house gathering stuff up. Andrew was in the family room playing and Alex was basically following me around, making sure I didn't forget his juice. (Juice is like currency to my children--rare and very valuable!) I go over to get Andrew and notice that he's been playing with the phone. Nothing new there--he is fascinated by anything with buttons and the remote control and the phone are his current obsessions. He especially likes it when he hits the "Talk" button on the phone and it turns red--big fun. So I put down the phone and scoop him up to get loaded into the car.
I get both boys in and start loading up all the stuff we need (which isn't easy since we're having car trouble currently and having to change cars around a lot but that's another story!) After lots of in and out to the house, I'm getting ready to get in the car and a very large police officer is walking up my driveway. "Is everything OK here, ma'am?"
"Yes," I say thinking, "Well, Alex was crying because he couldn't have his juice right away but I don't think that counts as child abuse...did the neighbors finally call Child Protective Services on me???"
The officer says "We got an incomplete 911 call from your house and wanted to check to make sure you didn't need any assistance."
"Nine one one call?!" I say...what is he talking about?
"Yes, someone called 911 from this location." Then it dawns on me...Andrew and his phone addiction.
"OH MY GOODNESS! It was the baby, sir!" He looks at me like he's heard that one before. "I am SO SORRY! I can't believe he actually managed to call 911...I really am so sorry!"
He says, "But everything is really OK?" I think he must think I'm fleeing with the children due to domestic violence or something.
"Yes, everything is fine...I'm just so sorry...thank you for coming...Sorry again!" I go inside and look at the phone I had taken away from Andrew. The screen says "9119" and the red "Talk" button is still on. How in the WORLD did a one year old manage to hit that and then "Talk"...what are the odds???!???
So that was our Friday adventure in law enforcement. Tune in next week when Alex will call the fire department and tell them our refrigerator is running...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Okay...so I'm starting to read your blog from the beginning (don't want to miss a thing!) and I am rolling as I'm reading this! That is HILARIOUS that he dialed 9-1-1 and your commentary is even funnier. Great story, Amy! :)
Courtney
Post a Comment