A couple of weeks ago, Nick and I headed to L.A. Nick was there for business and I tagged along for a mini-vacation. The plant Nick was visiting was in Ontario, California, which is a distant suburb of Los Angeles. Ontario is truly beautiful! I couldn't believe how GREEN everything was, especially since everyone has been under a drought there for a few years. They must break some serious water laws to keep that town looking good! It was almost Stepford-green, it was so nice. Nick had to work Wednesday, Thursday and part of Friday so I was on my own in the wilds of Los Angeles.
On Thursday I headed out, armed only with my map, to a really beautiful part of the coast called Palo Verde. I visited some gorgeous gardens there as well as a remote rocky beach. The pictures are pretty but don't do it justice!
Friday after Nick got off work we headed into Santa Monica for lunch and then Hollywood to do the whole tourist thing. Nick had never seen it so we did Graumans Chinese Theater with the hand prints and then the Kodak Theater where they host the Oscars. On the way there we drove through part of Beverly Hills but I didn't see any swimming pools or movie stars... :)
Saturday we were off to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. True to form, I had done all my research and we didn't have to wait more than 20 minutes for a ride--pretty impressive for a Saturday, if you ask me! For those interested, California Adventure is the new theme park out there but I can't really reccommed. It was fine but nothing I would have paid the extra money for. Disneyland didn't disappoint, even though we'd been to Disney World and the Magic Kingdom the month before. Yes, we do love our Disney!
Sunday, it was back home to our boys who I don't think missed us at all! It even took Andrew a minute before he recognized me, I think. Overall, it was a very nice get-away and I'm so glad we were able to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment