Monday, June 29, 2009

Holiday World Family Vacation

Last Wednesday we packed up the family truckster and headed to Santa Claus, IN (Yes, that's a real place for those who don't live in Indiana!). We stayed at Lake Rudolph campground in a rented RV and went to Holiday World for two days.














The first thing you need to know about this trip was that it was HOT. I don't mean, "Oh my, it is a bit warm today," I mean "Seriously, did we make a wrong turn and end up in Hell World instead of Holiday World???" The heat index was 105 both days we were there. So if we look like we're melting in these pictures, I assure you we were only moments away from heat stroke at any given moment!

Here is Andrew trying to stay cool with Mommy's sunglasses.



















Andrew on the space rockets














We went on this vacation with our good friends Karen and Dwayne and their daughter Sophie. Here is Karen on one of the carousels with Soph and Andrew.















Daddy and Andrew on the safari ride. P.S. Andrew is a really bad driver!














This is a new ride they have there called "Reindeer Games" that is a mini version of those rides that take you up and drop you repeatedly from various heights. My first time riding this I screamed like a little girl and everyone waiting in lines for rides around us looked at me like I was crazy! What can I say, I don't like the feeling of being dropped! Here is Alex and Nick having a good time on our new favorite ride.





















Here are all three of the kiddos on the Salmon Run ride, Alex in the closest fish, Andrew behind him and Sophie behind him. They inexplicably LOVED this ride and went on it more times than I can count. All it does is go round and round and up and down. Go figure!














Here are all three kids on the canoe ride. Alex and Sophie in one canoe and the lone pioneer Andrew in his own canoe.
















Here is Alex playing on the enormous playground they have at the back of the park.














Me and Alex on the Holidog Roller coaster. We have both loved this ride since he was 2 and we rode it plenty of times this trip, too. Andrew was able to take his first roller coaster ride this time, too and LOVED it. He kept saying "Lets go FASTER!" after each ride.















Our stay at the campgrounds attached to Holiday World was very nice, and THANK GOODNESS they had air conditioning! Here are the boys enjoying some watermelon with our RV in the back ground.














Our last night there we had a campfire despite the 90 degree heat still in effect at 8:00 at night. I mean, you have to have smores when you're camping, right?! Here are our three campers in their little camp chairs waiting for their treats.














Alex enjoying his smore!













2 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like you all had a great time in spite of the heat. We're going the end of July with Mark, Christa & Nicholas. Hopefully, it's not too hot!

Allison said...

It's like you lived in Oklahoma! Looks like you had a great time despite everything. So glad you got away all together! :)

Fall Pumpkins