Alex had his first Pinewood Derby through Cub Scouts last weekend! Nick and Alex had worked hard on creating "The Flaming Arrowhead" (the car's name).

Here's their finished product. (Nick had to restrain himself a number of times from really tricking the car out--it's supposed to be done by the boys!)

Here's their finished product. (Nick had to restrain himself a number of times from really tricking the car out--it's supposed to be done by the boys!)
Here are all the cars in their pack--it was a loooong morning of racing! :)
Here is Alex's first heat. (The Flaming Arrowhead is in the far right track.) I couldn't believe that they had electronic starts and even an electric eye that timed the cars. Very high tech.

Here's how long the track is...
...and they're off! As you can see, our Flaming Arrowhead didn't do so well in it's first heat...but we all had fun. And Nick, uh, I mean Alex is already planning for next year's car!

1 comment:
I was picturing something much bigger. I'm glad you showed me this. I picture large woodworking equipment and like flintstones style cars. I don't know why?! That seems much more manageable! :)
Post a Comment